- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons water or enough for blending
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper for garnish
1. Saute corn in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring often, until corn is slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Purée black beans in a food processor along with salsa, water, lime juice, red chili pepper sauce and cumin, adding only enough water to make the desired consistency. Add salt.
3. Remove to a bowl and stir in corn and basil. Garnish with red pepper.
PER SERVING:100 calories (10 from fat), 1.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 5g protein
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- High Fiber
- Low Fat
- Sugar Conscious
- Wheat Free